Experience Relief From Your Chronic and Acute Pain
Find relief from your acute and chronic pain at Right Path Pain & Spine Center. We offer you a number of treatment options in a caring environment to help you find the relief you’re searching for in Pain Management.
Right Path Pain & Spine Center is a service-oriented medical practice specializing in regenerative medicine / therapy and interventional pain management. Our board-certified anesthesiologist, Dr Tom Porter, MD, specializes in interventional and regenerative pain therapies. Dr Tom Porter, MD has 20 years in clinical experience with international procedures of the spine and joints and 7 years experience in stem cell intervention.
At Right Path Pain & Spine Center, we emphasize relief from spinal conditions and pain relief caused by a wide variety of issues. Our nonsurgical and minimally invasive treatments can maximize your comfort while offering short recovery times following the procedure.
Back Pain Solutions
Spine and overall back pain affect countless individuals, but you don’t have to accept this suffering as a normal part of your life. Thanks to our skilled and knowledgeable team, you have the opportunity to live a pain-free life.
Our locally owned practice emphasizes diagnosing and treating all types of back pain, such as:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Fractured vertebrae
- Herniated discs
Advanced Back Pain Treatments
- Discectomy – The removal of the portion of your herniated disc that is putting pressure on your nerves and therefore causing pain
- Injection therapy – Many injectable medications can relieve pain and inflammation
- Kyphoplasty – This advanced method of repairing fractured vertebrae involves first inflating a balloon within the bone to expand it to its normal size. Next, we fill the bone with specialized cement to restore its structural integrity
- Organic disc fusion – When your spinal discs are no longer able to support your vertebrae without pain, portions of your spine may need to be fused together for extra support. Rather than use metal, we can now use bone grafts, which generally provide better long-term results
- Spinal cord stimulator – By placing electrical leads near the location of pain in your spine and administering a flow of safe, painless electricity, the irritated nerves can be silenced. This procedure effectively shuts off your back pain
Addressing Failed Back Surgery
There is unfortunately always a chance that your back surgery won’t resolve your pain issues. However, at Right Path Pain clinic & Spine Center, we offer you solutions to relieve your pain following unsuccessful surgery.
There are a number of reasons why back surgery can fail. Operating on the spinal cord is a complicated process and sometimes the surgeon’s work doesn’t address the actual source or sources of your pain.
If you are still struggling after failed back surgery, schedule a consultation at Right Path Pain center. We will carefully review your history, your symptoms and how your Pain Management has changed. After compiling all the information, including X-rays, we will assess the source of your pain and create a custom therapeutic plan.
Different Types of Injections
- Epidural steroid injection – Delivers a steroid into the spine, relieving pain and inflammation. We may also use an anesthetic to help diagnose the source of your back pain
- Joint steroid injection – We can relieve pain due to damage in your elbows, knees and other joints using a cortisone injection
- Nerve block – Using our in-depth knowledge of the bodies nervous system, we can introduce a numbing solution to nerve bundles in order to control pain and identify pain sources. We can use these for pain in the face, back, facet joints, knees, elbows and more
Call 863-422-0020 or email email@example.com to schedule an in-depth assessment of your symptoms so we can determine the best possible treatment plan created just for you.
Joint Pain Therapy
Come to Right Path Pain & Spine Center to find relief for your aching knees, hips, shoulders and other joints. Our Pain Management specialists will work to help you restore the comfort and mobility you need to live a healthy, normal life.
Whether you’ve suffered from joint pain for a few days or for years, our experienced, knowledgeable team is here to help relieve your pain.
Common Causes of Joint Pain
- Infectious diseases
- Pinched nerve (radiculopathy)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Our Joint Pain Therapy Options
Joint injuries and pain typically respond well to rest, ice and anti-inflammatory drugs. However, if your pain continues for more than a few weeks, contact Right Path Pain & Spine Center to schedule an appointment at one of our two conveniently located offices.
Failing to address small levels of joint pain can lead to chronic discomfort down the road. Our Joint Pain Management treatments include:
- Injection therapy – From steroid injections to nerve blocks, these injections can ease inflammation and shut off pain signals
- Physical therapy – Our carefully crafted, personalized stretching, exercise and mobilization work can improve your posture and resolve pain
- Radiofrequency ablation – Administering heat to any “problem nerves” around your knees, elbows or other joints can painlessly relieve your discomfort
- Stem cell and platelet-rich therapies – These powerful, modern therapies can replace a variety of tissues lost to age or trauma
Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion
Unfortunately, nonsurgical treatments won’t always eliminate back pain. With certain conditions, such as spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, spinal fusion may be necessary. This procedure connects two or more vertebrae together to improve your back’s stability and reduce pain.
Multiple Types of Spine Fusion
In the past, spinal fusion surgery required a large open incision as part of the surgery. However, thanks to advancements in modern medicine, we can safely perform these procedures with only a few “keyhole” incisions.
By using the latest imaging technology and precise surgical tools, we can give you the best possible results while minimizing recovery time.
Additionally, in the past metal plates were used to stabilize the spine. However, this could also lead to additional surgeries later on due to side effects from the metal’s rigidity.
Now, a combination of bone and metal can be used to offer more “give” to the spine with the same level of stability.
Spinal Cord Stimulator
If your back pain remains, despite multiple attempts at treatments, a spinal cord stimulator can give you a favorable outcome. This option is especially popular in cases of failed back surgery.
Through this minimally invasive procedure, we can shut down chronic back and leg pain. We place two probes into the area of your spine where the nerves have become irritated. Next, a small machine is connected to the probes which puts out a continuous stream of electricity.
This obscures the pain signals going from your nerves to your brain, essentially shutting off your back and leg pain.
Benefits of the Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Improving your mood affected by pain and poor mobility
- Independence from pain and reliance on your family and friends
- Return to your favorite activities
- Sleep without pain
Sign Up for a Trial Period
Everyone who chooses our spinal cord stimulator treatment begins with a 14-day trial to ensure it works for their specific pain. First, the leads are placed into your spinal column, then connected to an electricity generator worn outside the body. This trial period allows you to tell if the stimulator helps you with your pain.
If you are satisfied with the trial period, another procedure is performed to place the permanent electricity-generating device under your skin. This device is operated by a remote control.
Any questions? Feel free to contact our office at 863-422-0020.